Featuring as the largest beach, Calangute Beach is one of the most amazing beaches of Goa. Due to its serene charm and long stretch area. The place is filled with n number of travellers from all over the world. Commonly known as “Queen of Beaches”, Calangute has stretch and share its boundaries with Candolim and Anjuna. Being located at a distance of 15 km from Goa, Calangute Beah is also serving as the commercialized beach in Goa. Calangute Beach plays a prominent role in Goa tourism.
- About Calangute Beach
- Things To Do in Calangute Beach
- Major Attractions Near Calangute Beach
- Best Time To Visit Calangute Beach
- Hotels near Calangute Beach Goa
1. About Calangute Beach
Being a major commercialized and the busiest beach town, Calangute offers a spectacular beauty and charm to all its travellers. Filled with the frantic nightlife, this place oceanic paradise will take you to another world from where you never want to return. The beach is warped with the waving palm trees and coconut trees which just enhance your Goa tour packages. With the presence of Candolim towards its south and Baga towards its north, Calangute Beach grabs the real attraction of Goa tourism. Cool Sea Breezes, waving Arabian Sea, serene blue sky and lush swaying coconut trees just create a phenomenal aura which truly defines its name –“Queen of Beaches”.
Suggested Tour: 2 Nights 3 Days Old Goa Beach Tour Package
2. Things To Do in Calangute Beach
Calangute is called the Queen of Beaches for many reason, one of many reasons is the ranges of fun activities which make this place more alluring. People on their Goa tours love to visit this huge and magnificent beach where they can enjoy various activities which are ranging from water sports to sightseeing to shopping to adventure activities. If you are yet to visit Calangute Beach then here is the list of things to do in Calangute Beach that will give you memories for lifetime.
1. Water Sports Activities
Being the largest Goa beach, Calangute is undoubtedly a hub of water sports activities. It is the very place where adventure enthusiasts love indulging in water sports like Kayaking, sailing, wind-surfing, water snorkeling and many more. These activities are grabbing the attention of not only local but also of international travellers.
This is another thing that you can do while being at Calangute Beach. Parasailing offers an unforgettable experience to everyone to try this on their holidays. Soaring up high in the air and float with the wind will fill you with thrill and excitement. Sure parasailing is an amazing to do things in Calangute Beach.
3. Strolling on Sands
Long stretch beach shore of Calangute is something that offers its travellers some really leisurely moments where you can sit and relax and enjoy the bright sun. People can get laid on the white sand under the shade of umbrella and get rejuvenated.
4. Fishing Activity
Water activities just does not stop with adventure activities, there are many other activities also which travellers can enjoy while strolling at Calangute Beach. Activities such as dolphin and crocodile spotting, fishing or angling are other major activities which can be experienced over here.
Calangute being the largest beach of Goa is paradise for shopaholics. The place boasts some really great shops and side stands stalls from where travellers can purchase amazing souvenirs. The place has shops of handicrafts boutiques, jewelry shops and Tibetan shopkeepers. Fashion freaks can fins numerous modern style handbags, trinkets etc.
Suggested Tour: 5 Nights 6 Days Amazing Goa Beach Tour Package
3. Major Attractions Near Calangute Beach
Travellers visiting Calangute has lots of things to do over here that has been discussed above. With that, you can also enjoy exploring the major attractions near Calangute Beach which also holds a prominent place in Goa tour package. The major tourist attractions near Calangute Beach are as follows –
1. Colva Beach – The mesmerizing and shimmering Colva Beach is a beautiful place to take a walk near Calangute. Located in southern Goa, this beach is filled with numerous beach shacks and fun activities that make this place amazing. The nightlife of this beach is simply vibrant and of worth remembering.
2. Baga Beach – Baga is a prominent place which is filled with two most amazing water bodies, Baga River and Baga Beach. Each is serene and enthralling. The Baga Beach with its extension with Calangute Beach makes it confusing sometime to decide from where Baga Beach starts and at where Calangute Beach ends.
3. Kerkar Art Gallery – Boasting the painting exhibitions and sculpture of renowned artists Kerkar Art Gallery in Goa is a perfect place to spend some quality time. The place also hosts Indian dance and music night every week.
4. Baga Retreat House – Located beside the majestic Arabian Sea, the place is a nice option to visit during to your Calangute visit. This is one of the famous tourist spot in Goa and is dedicated to Saint Francis Xavier.
Suggested Tour: 6 Nights 7 Days Goa Mangalore Beach Tours
4. Best Time To Visit Calangute Beach
The Calangute Beach is another place which is filled with numerous of travellers round the world. The place can be visited round the year. Though people are advised to not to visit this place in monsoon season, due to heavy rains. Still if you are wondering about the best time to visit Calangute Beach then months from November to February are most pleasing months of the year.
Suggested Tour: 5 Nights 6 Days Magic of Mumbai Goa Beaches
5. Hotels near Calangute Beach Goa
Being a significant location of Goa, Calangute is filled with a plethora of people round the year. It is quite easy for travellers to find stay options in and around Calangute Beach. All the hotels near Calangute Beach Goa are available in wide ranges which are ranging from plush five star hotels to budget hotels. Here are the names of some of the best hotels near Calangute beach – Citrus Goa, Alor Holiday Resort, Vila Goesa Beach Resort, The Park Calangute, Neelam The Grand, Hotel Goan Heritage, Rahl Coral Beach Resort and many more.
Read Also: The Best 5 Beach Resorts In Goa
Suggested Tour: Goa Local City Tour Package By Car