Jaipur is one of the very few cities of India which holds a prominent position in terms of tourism, nationally and internationally. The Pink City of India is blessed with some of the most exotic monuments and tourist attractions which are now counted as the Heritage Sites in Jaipur. People on their Rajasthan Tourism always visit Jaipur and cherishes its beauty. The great and majestic forts, charming palaces, glittering temples and pleasing gardens, you just name it and Jaipur will offer you the same.
Today we are going to discuss about that monument of Jaipur which is not only comprises with rich history but is also holding a great place in Jaipur Tourism. Come and lets understand why City Palace, Jaipur is a Jewel of Rajasthan.
- City Palace and History
- Architecture of City Palace
- Entry in City Palace and Timings
- Best Time to Visit and Things to Do In City Palace
1. City Palace and History
The place where kings of Rajasthan used to sit and rule the state is today known as City Palace Museum. It is one of the best tourist sightseeing places which is featuring as a huge complex and comprises with numerous buildings along with many courtyards and gardens. City Palace was built by former king of Jaipur, Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. Perfect blend of Mughal and Rajputi architecture this monument was built in between 1729 to 1732 and achieved a beautiful fusion of shilpshastra of Rajput and Mughal architectural style.
Suggested Tour: Jaipur Local City Tour Package By Car
Book online Hotels near City Palace in Jaipur
2. Architecture of City Palace
Showcasing the grandeur of bygone royal Rajputi era, City palace is a beautiful blend of colors, culture, art and design that can be seen in every nook and corner of the palace. Over all the entire monument is worth watching but yet there are two palaces which are the major center of attractions in the complex, these are Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal. Apart from this here are the detailed descriptions of the architecture of the palace.
1. Entrance Gate – Richly decorated three gates namely Virendra Pol, Udai Pol and Tripolia Gate.
2. Mubarak Mahal – It was used to serve as the reception center at that time which was also known as the palace of welcome.
3. Chandra Mahal – Beautiful part of the Palace which is situated amidst the beautiful garden and a lake. It is a seven story Mahal which is consisting of Pitam Niwas, Ranga Mandir, Sukh Niwas and Shri Niwas along with Mukut Mahal and Chabi Niwas.
4. Pritam Niwas Chowk – A beautiful courtyard which comprises with four gates that signifies four seasons and each gate is dedicated to Hindu deities.
5. Diwan –E – Khas – It is a beautiful audience pavilion which is also goes by the name of Sarvato Bhadra, means the place which is open from all four sides but not corners.
6. Diwan –E –Aam – It is a beautiful hall which was built for public gathering and meetings. Today the chambers have now been converted into an art gallery that displays exotic traditional paintings and highly decorated ceiling.
7. Maharani Palace – Evident to its name the palace was occupied by the royal queen of that time. Today it is serving as a museum that houses with housing arms, weapons of the royal clan.
8. Baggi Khana – Baggi a kind of old time carriage that used a mode of transportation during that time. At this place you can take a glimpse of different kinds of old carriages and European style cabs which were used by the then royal family.
9. Govind Dev Ji Temple – The premises of City Palace also comprises with a historical and most Prestigious Temple of Jaipur, Govind Dev ji temple.
Suggested Tour: Hot Air Balloon Ride In Jaipur
3. Entry in City Palace and Timings
The Palace gets open in the early hours of the morning at 9:30 AM in the morning and open till 5:00 Pm in the evening. For visitors it takes around one to two hours to take detailed tours to visit.
If you wish, you can also take a composite ticket under which you will be getting the entry to the museum and to the Jaigarh Fort.
The Entrance Fee in Chandra Mahal is INR 2500. Chandra Mahal is a four story building that is accessible to only few visitors. There is also the facility of audio guides which are available for INR 200.
Suggested Tour: Heritage Walk in Jaipur Markets
4. Best Time to Visit and Things to Do In City Palace
For travellers who would be on their India Tourism, the best time visit Jaipur is between October and March. As most of the part of this palace is open so it is best to take a tour before it gets too sunny.
While here are the list of things that your can do under your Holiday Package of India while your visit to City Palace Museum –
- You Can Explore the Palace and Get a Chance to Meet Royal Stories of Rajasthan.
- You Can Shop at the Shops of Museum
- Exploring the Local Markets of the City
- A Detailed Museum Tour
- Picture Sessions Where It Is Allowed in the Premises
- Well-guided Audio Tour to Palace
We hope with this detailed City Palace Travel Guide, we have tried to offer you everything that will come handy when you will be on your India Holidays. This travel guide of City Palace will offer you everything that will fill you with all amazing memories and unforgettable experience.
Suggested Tour: Same Day Jaipur Tour Package from Agra