Whenever we talk about the place which is filled with varieties and diversities and yet standing as a single unit, the first name that comes to our mouth is India. Indeed incredibly amazing and astonishing country filled with different culture, traditions and customs. It is next to impossible to take a look to each and every place in the huge country. Yet there are some cities that will give an introduction with true spirit of India. These cities are Jaipur, Delhi and Agra. Each one is filled with amazing tourist attractions, mesmerizing monuments and a great history, behind the making of these places. When all these cities combined together they form the Golden Triangle of India.
Route of Golden Triangle in India
Lakhs of tourist from around the world visit this Golden Triangle and cherish their holiday time. Golden Triangle Tour of India, generally start with your arrival at Delhi, then followed by Visit to Agra and then to Jaipur. But have you ever wonder why only these three cities becomes the part of Golden Triangle in India, what is so special about these places that by visiting these cities merely you will get the chance to take a fine glimpse of the richness of India.
We have brought to you the answers of all your questions here, and we will give you the valid reason why Jaipur, Agra and Delhi are the chosen one to offer you a magnificent Golden Triangle Tour experience. Let’s reveal the truth about the Golden Triangle Tour…
1. Delhi – India’s Capital
The sultanate of Delhi is not only the capital of India but also the capital of fun, love and fast life. The region of Delhi has always been the major attraction for the travellers. The place is considered as old as time. The first mention of the city can be traced way back approx 5000 years back when Delhi was called Indraprasth, the adobe of the mighty Pandavas, the five brothers from the epic Mahabharata.
Today the city of Delhi is serving as the capital of India and is one among the 7 Union Territories. But unlike other union territory Delhi has its own legislature, high court and an executive council.
Major Delhi Attraction –
1. Lotus Temple
One of the most amazing architecture of the city, Lotus temple, just advent to its name is built in the shape of lotus flower. The soothing aura of the temple amidst the lush green landscape will be a tranquil and pleasing experience for you. Built with white marbles and concrete the temple is ornamented with 27 blooming petals that enhance its looks.
2. Akshardham Temple
Portraying elegantly the ancient art of India, Akshardham temple is dedicated to Bhagwan Swaminarayan. The traditional architecture of the temple is something that gives the best idea about the ancient Indian architectural style. These are some of the experience which you cannot miss are – Cultural Boat Ride Cultural, Cultural Bat Ride, Walking through the Garden of India and Lotus Garden.
3. Raj Ghat
A memorial dedicated to father of nation, Mahatma Gandhi. The grounds of the place are also associated with the memorial of Jawaharlal Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Sanjay Gandhi, Indira Gandhi and many more. The Samadhi of former Prime Minister J.L Nehru is nestled in northern side of Raj Ghat and is known as the Shantivan (Forest of Peace).
4. Lodhi Garden
The historical park, Lodhi Garden is one of the most popular historical parks which were developed during the British reign. It was inaugurated by Lady Wilingdon on 9th April 1936 and was christened Lady Wilingdon Park. Later it was renamed as Lodhi Garden. The major attractions of Lodhi Garden are – Tomb of Mohammad Shah, Big Dome, Tomb of Sikandar Shah, Rose garden, Bamboo Garden and Herbal garden.
Some of the Heritage Ramparts Houses by the City Are –
- Red Fort
- Qutub Minar
- Humayun’s Tomb
Some More Reason to Stay in Delhi –
1. Shopping in Chandni Chowk, the oldest market of the city.
2. Exploring the shopping complexes of Connaught Place.
3. Paranthe Walon Ki Gali is the paradise for food lovers.
4. Contemporary cloths in reasonable price can be buy from Sarojini Nargar market.
5. Traditional attire in Lajpat Nagar market.
Read Also: Spending A Day In A Metro City Delhi
Suggested Tour: Delhi Local City Tour Package By Car
2. Agra – The House of Heritage
The city of wonders, Agra is one of the best tourist place that is full of wonders and amazing places. It is not only the seventh wonder of world which is houses in the city, but many amazing places are there that will take you to the tour to the bygone Mughal era. Let us give you the glance of Amazing Agra.
Major Agra Attraction –
1. Mehtab Bagh
Located on the bank of Yamuna River, this is the place which will take you to the bygone enchanting Mughal era of the city. It is located just opposite to Taj Mahal. The garden houses a large octagonal tank which is comprises with 25 fountains on the southern periphery, a small central tank and baradaris.
2. Jama Masjid
This is the oldest and the largest mosque of India. One of the most prominent pilgrimages of Muslims, the mosque is visited by lakhs of tourist from around the world. The place offers a perfect blend of grandeur and royalty which is absolutely unique and charming. Jama Masjid is the place which exudes peace, bliss and harmony.
3. Chinni Ka Rauza
Another marvel nestled near Itmad-Ud-Daulah’s tomb. It is also nestled beside the shimmering Yamuna River. The monument was built in the memory of Persian poet Afza Khan Aalmi. The poet served as Prime Minister in the court of Mughal Emperor Shah-Jahan. It is the first architecture which used glazed tiled/chinni in its construction.
Some Other Major Agra Attraction Houses by the City Are –
- Taj Mahal – The seventh wonder of the world.
- Panch Mahal –Akbar built monument, for his leisure time.
- Agra Fort – One of the three UNESCO declared world heritage site. Former Namer, Badalgarh. Present look is given by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.
- Itmad-UD-Daulah’s tomb
- Akbar’s Mausoleum
- Radhaswami Temple
- Mankameshwar Mandir
Some More Reason to Stay in Agra –
1. The most amazing shopping market ‘Sadar Bazaar’ popular for the finest collection of Beautiful handicrafts and durable leather items.
2. The very famous ‘Agra Ka Petha’, translucent sweet dish made out of pumpkin, available in different flavors.
3. Kinari Bazaar, a perfect destination for ladies, compact with traditional ornaments, heavy jewelry and a plethora of classic bridal wear.
Read Also: Top 8 Things To Do In Agra
Suggested Tour: Agra Same Day Tour Package By Car
3. Jaipur – A Taste of Royalty
Welcoming hues of the city on one hand and the vibrant multi-color traditions on the other when sprinkled with richness of heritage then you will get the city of Jaipur. The beautiful city of Jaipur is serving as the capital of Rajasthan, the land of braves. Famous for its forts and palaces, Jaipur completes your Tour of Golden Triangle in India. Founded in year 1727 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the city is guarded by four huge gates which are built to protect the city from the outside force.
Major Jaipur Attraction –
1. Laxmi Narayan Temple
Popularly known as Birla temple among the locals, the temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi. Built with pure white marble comprises with two huge idols of Laxmi-Narayan. The soothing chants in the sanctum make you feel peaceful and amazing. The plush green manicured garden in the temple compact with different idols including Lord Shiva, Shivlinga and Radha Krishna adds to the grandeur of the temple.
2. The Statue Circle
A beautiful and well-groomed circle always filled with the bustling people visit this place. The lush green surroundings, trees and warm green grass land in the circle make this place a unique and special. This is one of the ancient landmarks in Jaipur that is built in honor of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the founder of the city.
3. Govind Dev Ji Temple
A magnificent temple, dedicated Lord Krishna, is one of the seven temples of Thakur of Vrindavan. The statue of Lord Krishna was brought from Vrindavan here by Raja Sawai Jai Singh II, founder of Jaipur. Legend has that Krishna’s image in the temple looks exactly like Krishna’s form during his incarnation on earth.
Some Other Major Jaipur Attractions Comprises in the City Are –
- Hawa Mahal – Palace of Winds, one of its kind palaces, with 953 small windows (Jharokhas). The palace is standing without any solid foundation due to its architectural design. The design is as same as to the crown of Lord Krishna.
- City Palace – Serving as museum these days and house for royal family. A flag on Chandra Mahal when unfurled, it means that Maharaja is present in the palace.
- Jantar Mantar – An ancient observatory built to calculate time and space activities.
- Amber Fort
- Chand Pol
- Nahargarh Fort
- Jaigarh Fort
Some More Reason to Stay in Jaipur –
1. Shopping finest material cloths in Bapu Baazar, a wholesale market wherein you can buy both traditional and contemporary outfits.
2. Jewelry lovers can visit to Johri Bazaar, a perfect place to purchase every kind of jewelry. A one stop destination.
3. If you wish to experience the ethic village culture of Rajasthan, then Chokhi Dhani is the perfect place for you. A traditional resort famous for its traditional culture and ambience.
4. Ghevar, of Rajasthan is the most famous sweet dish along with its rich delicious Rajasthani cuisine Dal Bati and Choorma dipped in the dollop of ghee.
Suggested Tour: Jaipur Local City Tour Package By Car
We hope you have got to know many things about the Golden Triangle Tour of India and we also hope that we have revealed all the truth about the Golden Triangle Tour. We are sure, that your journey from Delhi to Jaipur will get memorable and you get the memories for the lifetime.