Yoga – A Journey of Self Actualization
Once, a famous spiritual master Dr. Amit Ray has said that ‘Yoga is not a religion; It is a Science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating Body, Mind and Soul’. If understand this, we come to know that statement is quite true. Through yoga we can attain that level from where we never get bothered with the small things which used to trouble us earlier. Today we will talk about such Meditation Centers in India which helps people today to get stress free from daily hustle bustle of the life. But before we proceed further, let us understand what is Yoga or meditation and then we will jump on the centres.
Yoga – A Brief History and Development
Yoga is the treasure that is being developed with this country through the ages. We can say that India is the master of Yoga ever since from the beginning of the time. The Art and science of healthy living is called ‘Yoga’ that has derived its name from a Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’ which means to join or to unite. It is a medium where an individual can join or unite itself with that almighty and can attain the position of self-actualization.
According to the legend the yoga was first started with Lord Shiva (destroyer among trinity) who is also called Aadi Yogi or Aadi guru. He profound this knowledge to Saptrishi and they travelled with knowledge through different parts of the world and crafted this Yogic culture throughout the life. Even the greatest Indian Epic ‘Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta’ has said ‘Yoga is a Journey of the Self, Through the Self and To the Self.
India – The Yoga Guru in World
India has always been that place where healing through natural therapies been given the importance. For centuries, travellers from across the world Travel to India every year, especially to learn this art and later spread this knowledge to their respective countries. India has taken yoga to a different level and redefines the concept of spiritual travel. The Yogic centers are also playing an important role in developing the Indian Tourism. In India, there are many destinations which can helps you in gaining the inner peace and self-actualization.
Best Yoga and Meditation Retreats in India Premnath Niketan Ashram
- Premnath Niketan Ashram
- Blue Mango Retreats, Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
- Kaivalyadham Ashram – Maharashtra
- Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre – Bangalore, Uttarkashi and Delhi
- Mysore Krishnamachar Yoga Shala – Karnataka
- Purple Valley – Goa
- Bihar School of Yoga, Munger – Bihar
1. Premnath Niketan Ashram
A paradise for spiritual seekers, Premnath Niketan Ashram is located on the banks of holy river Ganga in Rishikesh. Founded in 1942, ashram offers yoga study, meditation and ashram living for a healthy and discipline way to life.
1. Established – 1942
2. Founder – Swami Sukhdevanand Ji Maharaj
3. Teach Mediation, Yoga Assanas and Other Studies Related to Ashram Living.
4. Daily Ganga Aarti
Suggested Tour: 11 Nights 12 Days Yoga Tour in Haridwar and Rishikesh
2. Blue Mango Retreats, Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
It is one of the most beautiful centers nestled in the lap of natural beauties of Himalayas. It is listed among the world’s highest mediation and spiritual retreat. Visit to this retreat centre which enhances your India Tours. The Blue Mango Retreats is one of is types. It is especially suited for all those people who are seeking for solitude and peace in the pearly white ranges of Himalayas.
1. Offers six days of Spiritual and meditation retreat
2. All yogic teaches by Samvedam Randles are included.
3. Therapies under the direct supervisions of Lamas’.
4. Daily Yoga Sessions.
5. Offers nutritious and wholesome food prepared under the team of Vedic food experts.
Suggested Tour: 5 Nights 6 Days Yoga Tour in Ananda Spa Resort
3. Kaivalyadhama Ashram – Maharashtra
A beautiful place, where you can easily spend days, months or even years, Kaivalyadham Ashram offers you the retreat where you can immersed and indulging in the myriad programs of the ashram. The ashram is spread in the 180 acres of parkland at Lonavala in Maharashtra and also provides diplomas and degrees for the course that you have attended here.
1. Founded in 1924.
2. Designed as a yogic research centre.
3. Provide Diplomas, degrees, shorter courses for beginners and advance students.
4. Mahatma Gandhi was its early patient after his breakdown in 1927.
5. Provides its guests organic Indian vegetarian food.
4. Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre – Bangalore, Uttarkashi and Delhi
One of the most prominent yoga retreat centers. It was established by an international non-profit organization which has established this centre with many branches across the country. The centre has got its name after its founder, Swami Sivananda.
1. Established in 1989
2. Founder – Swami Sivananda
3. Have different branches across India, such as Dhanwantri Asgwam Neyyar Dam, Meenakshi Ashram, Madurai and Sivananda Kuttir in Uttarkashi
4. Offers different Yoga courses through Yoga Vacations, Kids camp, Teens camps etc.
5. Some mesmerizing programs in which you can participate Ayurvedic Wellness course, Panchkarma Detoxification, South India Yatra and many more.
Suggested Tour: 3 Nights 4 Days Yoga Holidays in Jaipur
5. Mysore Krishnamachar Yoga Shala – Karnataka
One of the major Tourist Destinations in India, Karnataka is not only blessed with the natural beauty but also compact with some place that offer you tranquility and solitude that you are looking for. Mysore Krishnamachar Yoga Shala is one of that places that holds a prominent position when it comes to Yoga and Meditation. Your South India Tour Package gets more interesting while your visit and travel to this ashram.
1. The different class it provides includes ‘Ashtanga Yoga Asanas’, different kinds of kriyas (breathing, chanting gestures), Neti and dhauti (cleansing techniques) and all.
2. Strict style of teaching of BNS Iyengar is followed here.
3. The minimum period that you required to register here is of one month.
6. Purple Valley – Goa
Goa, a perfect place for holiday buffs, has always been one of the most loved tourist destinations and is also holds an important position in North India Tour Package. Goa is much more than parties, beaches and wines. It is also about peace, solitude and tranquility. Purple Valley a beautiful Yoga retreat centre in Goa is one of the leading Ashtanga Yoga centre in Asia. You will fall in the love of beautiful mornings through lush green gardens, rising sun and birds’ chirping around the place. There are many Goa Hotels around the ashram for tourists’ conveniences.
Suggested Tour: 4 Nights 5 Days Goa Tour Package
1. Beautiful natural surroundings.
2. Offers courses ranging from 1 to 2 weeks
3. Courses are compact with 6 morning yoga classes, 4 afternoon classes.
4. Perfect place for beginners and improvers.
5. You will be taught different aasans, yoga philosophy, pranayama, meditations and group student activities.
7. Bihar School of Yoga, Munger – Bihar
Bihar School of Yoga teaches you that yoga is not a practice but it is lifestyle. It emphasizes on the ‘Karma Yoga’ than given precedence over asanas. While staying here you will expect to offer your ‘Seva’ (Services) that includes gardening, kitchen work toilet cleaning and many other activities.
1. Famous for Different Way of Teachings.
2. Give Importance to ‘Seva-bhav’ (Services).
3. You Will Indulge Yourself With Activities Like Gardening and All.
4. You Will Have Showers With Cold Water and Simple Vegetarian Diet.
5. Your Day the Ashram Starts at 4 Am and Ends With Twilight Satsangs/kirtans.
6. Light-out at 8 PM