There are various Travel Places in India but one would like to see the beauty of the Shah Jahan at Agra. Agra which is one of the beautiful destination and tourist spot is famous all over the India and the world for the iconic Taj Mahal – one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri are the important and popular places which offer a good Tour Packages of India.
Proceeding Further Let Us Discuss About the Best 8 Things That You Can Do During Out Agra Tour –
- Explore Taj Mahal
- Explore Agra Fort
- Enjoy the Dinner at Hotel Oberoi Amar Vilas with a view of the Taj Mahal
- Visits Fatehpur Sikri
- Visits the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah’s
- Mehtab Bagh
- Shopping at Sadar Bazar
- Famous foods and Chats in Agra
1. Explore Taj Mahal
Often recognized as the Jewel of Muslim art in India, the mesmeric Taj Mahal was built by the emperor Shah Jahan on the memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is situated on the South banks of Yamuna River. The beautiful white Mausoleum attracts around 2 million visitors every year. It was constructed under the supervision of Ustad Ahmad Lahauri. It is considered as the UNESCO world heritage site. Hotel Dekho offers an interesting Taj Mahal Tour Packages which is an amazing option to see the Seven Wonders of the World.
Suggested Tour: Agra Day Tour Package
2. Explore Agra Fort
Another beautiful monument is situated at the distance of 2.5 km away from Taj Mahal. It is also known as Lal Quila, Red Fort or Fort Rouge. It is UNESCO world heritage site which has Sheesh Mahal, Diwan-i-Khas and Khas Mahal, khas Mahal, Mina masjid and many more.
Suggested Tour: Agra Same Day Tour Package By Car
3. Enjoy the Dinner at Hotel Oberoi Amar Vilas with a view of the Taj Mahal
The Hotel Oberoi Amar Vilas is located just 600 m away from the iconic Taj Mahal. Tourists can enjoy the luxury dinner with a view at Taj Mahal. This hotel has the only bar in the world with Taj Mahal views.
Suggested Tour: Agra Same Day Tour Package By Train
4. Visits Fatehpur Sikri
Fatehpur Sikri which is a blend of Mughal and Persian architecture is one of the most visited spots in India. It was made the political capital of Mughal Empire by Emperor Akbar from the period 1571 to 1585. This monument is a blend of Mughal and Persian architecture. It has a beautiful palaces, mosques and halls which are listed below:
1. Buland Darwaza – One of the important monuments at this place is the largest gateway in the world.
2. Panch Mahal – It is one of the most fascinating buildings in Fatehpur Sikri. The top story offers the panoramic view of the city.
3. Tomb of Salim Chisti – It is well known for its hundreds of pilgrims.
4. Diwan-i-khas Hall – It is served as the royal chamber of Emperor Akbar. It is also known as “Ekstambha Prasada”.
Suggested Tour: Agra Local City Tour Package By Car
5. Visits the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah’s
It is one of the famous monuments which are also known as ‘Baby Taj’ or ‘Jewel Box’. It is built entirely of marble. The tomb is built in Islamic style of architecture.
Suggested Tour: 2 Days Agra Tour Packages From Hyderabad
6. Mehtab Bagh
Also known as ‘The Moon Garden’ is an ultimate place to view the Taj Mahal. It is situated opposite the Taj Mahal on the northern shores of Yamuna River. It was built by Babur to view the Taj Mahal.
Suggested Tour: Overnight 2 Days Agra Tour Packages From Goa
7. Shopping at Sadar Bazar
Agra Tourism offers one of the popular destinations in Agra to do shopping. It is situated close to Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. The famous leather shops, petha, handicrafts, marble goods and garments are also situated at this market. It is an amazing market for those who love to do shopping different items.
Suggested Tour: Agra Shopping Tour Package
8. Famous Foods and Chats in Agra
1. Mughlai Food – Since Agra was ruled by Mughal Empires since long time so there are many Mughlai dishes like roasted meats, boldly flavored curries and a plenty of yummy dishes which are found at many shops at Agra. One can visit Taj Mahal restaurants, Indiana, MG Road and Naiki Mandi.
2. Bedhai and Kachori – There are spicy and sweet mouth-watering dishes at Agra. People loved to taste the Jalebi and kachoris and Bedhai near the corner points and on redis. Shree Ji sweets and GMB are the famous shops for Bedhai and Kachori.
3. Dalmoth – It is a famous traditional Namkeen which is made from nuts, spices and oil. Panchi Petha and Baluganj are the famous shops for Dalmoth.
4. Petha – Once you enter to the city of Taj you will find Petha and Petha everywhere. It is one of the favorite sweet dishes in Agra. There are many flavors like plain (white), Kesar (saffron) with nuts, Petha in colourful shades of pineapple, strawberry and mango which is made in different shapes. The best and famous shops are Panchi Petha and Baluganj.
Suggested Tour: 2 Days Agra Taj Mahal Tour Packages From Mumbai