Read More on Sai ka Angan Temple
A Trust named Sai Prakash Spiritual and Charitable Trust was formed on 26th June 1998, it was greatly inspired by the amazing social works, dedication, and devotion of Dr. Chandra Bhanu Satpathyji. Dr. Satpathyji is the chairman of this Trust. After several rounds of discussions and by the grace of Shri Shirdi Sai Baba, it was finally decided by the Trust to build a unique Sai Baba temple, which would be completely different from the other Hindu temples. The trust came up with a concept of ‘Sai Ka Angan’, as per them it would be seen as the ‘Shirdi of North India’.
The ‘Bhoomi Puja’ of the Sai Ka Angan Temple Gurgaon took place on 6th October 2000, followed by the planting of a Neem tree. The area surrounding the tree is called the ‘Gurusthan’. On the auspicious occasion of Ram Navmi, the Pran Pratishtha was performed on 21st April 2002. Multiple events are organized in the temple for people of every age group. A written test on Sai-Satcharitra is held at the temple every Thursday.
Dedicated to the great Shri Sai Baba, Sai Ka Angan Temple Gurgaon complex expands over a massive area of 3344 square meters. The complex is amazingly built in the shape of a cave and it showcases various important aspects of Baba's life in Shirdi.
The statue of Shri Sai Baba is installed under the famous Neem Tree and the surrounding area is amazingly lit with oil lamps. Devotional songs for Sai Baba are sung all day, while devotees can meditate and find peace in the divine vibe of the temple.
- You can take part in Aarti that takes place throughout the day.
- Various Aartis and their timings; Kakad Aarati at 8:00 am, Baba's Abhishek at 8:40 am, Madhyama Aarati at 12:00 noon, Dhoop Aarati at 6:00 pm, and Shej Aarati at 9:15:00 PM.
- You can also meditate at the temple complex.
- Enjoy the devotional songs dedicated to Sai Baba.
- On every Thursday, you can take part in the procession of Sai Ki Palki at 6:45 PM.
Tips for visiting
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited inside the temple complex.
- There are various activities for children at the temple.
- On Thursdays, you should reach the temple early to be a part of the Sai Ki palki procession.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit the Sai Ka Angan Temple Gurgaon would be on Thursday in the winter season. The vibe on Thursdays is pure devotional and mesmerizing.
- Sultanpur National Park
- Leisure Valley Park
- Museum of Folk and Tribal Art
- Faridabad sunset point
Nearby market/ shopping places
- Arjun Marg Market: Located in DLF Phase I, this market is perfect for shopping enthusiasts. This is the best place if you are looking for cheap branded clothes.
- Galleria Market: This market has everything, be it clothes, salons, restaurants, or electronic items.
- Sector 14 Market: This market is very famous for footwear and junk jewelry, that too at very discounted prices.
- Radisson Gurugram Udyog Vihar
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gurgaon Sector 12
- Hotel Golf View Suites
- Lemon Tree Hotel
Interesting Facts About Sai ka Angan Temple
- It is a unique Hindu temple, the deviation from the traditional Hindu temples of the nearby region can be easily spotted from the structure of Sai ka Angan.
- The statue of Shri Sai Baba is installed under the famous Neem Tree and the surrounding area is amazingly lit with oil lamps.