The Grand Dragon, The Abduz, The Zen Ladakh, The Indus Valley, and Grand Himalaya are some of the best hotels in Leh Ladakh.
Ladakh, or the "land of high passes," is a union territory located in North India, in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh is known as the center of the Tibetan Buddhist culture, which is home to several Buddhist monasteries with a vibrant heritage and some of the finest hotels that give the best view. Even the language commonly spoken in Ladakh is the Ladakhi language derived from the Tibetan language that tourists will encounter if they talk to their hotel's staff.
Leh Ladakh is a famous tourist attraction in India majorly because of the heavenly scenic views of the Himalayas. Leh is the perfect destination for nature lovers who are looking for some peace in their everyday life. The hotels make sure that the guests have the finest experience.
Leh Ladakh is quite famous among motor-bikers and trekkers who want to explore the magnificent Himalayas. Apart from this, the place offers many sightseeing that can be done and some local shopping. This does not prove a hassle for the tourists because most of the hotels are located close to the shopping hubs and major attractions.
There's no shortage of the best Leh Ladakh hotels for travelers to choose from as it is a popular tourist destination. There are a lot of people visiting this place. The Leh Ladakh hotels vary from budget hotels to 4 star hotels to luxury 5 star hotels and beautiful resorts, but most hotels are safe and secure. Most of the hotels are located near popular tourist attractions, and the bus and station make traveling an easy chore.
These 5 star hotels in Leh Ladakh provide their guests with world-class comfort and luxury so that they can enjoy their holiday with top amenities and relaxation. These hotels take pride in pampering its guests with luxurious amenities like a fitness center, valet parking, well-equipped rooms, and in-house restaurants.
Some 5-star hotels in Leh Ladakh are-
1. The Grand Dragon Ladakh- Managed by the Abdu family, The Grand Dragon is one the first 5 star hotels in Leh and have been serving tourists for over 40 years now. The architecture of the hotel screams luxury from the rooms to meeting halls. Everything has been done keeping class and local culture in mind.
3. The Abduz- The hotel is luxurious in the laps of nature surrounded by the Himalayas at the Abduz, a 5-star luxury hotel in Leh Ladakh that portrays the traditional heritage of Ladakh in a modern way. The hotel rooms are aesthetically crafted with finesse and ease, keeping the comfort of guests in mind.
4. Hotel The Indus Valley- Located on the Upper Chulung Fort road in Leh, 5 km from Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, is hotel Indus Valley, a luxurious 5-star hotel with wide spacious rooms that have wooden floorings and crystal chandeliers. The rooms of the hotel also have temperature control facilities and a private balcony, which offers great views of the vast Stok mountain range.
One can witness the heavenly views of Leh Ladakh with the tranquil surroundings. The 2 and 3 star hotels are perfect for visitors looking for comfort at a reasonable price. The hotels of Leh offer great hospitality, luxury, with all the basic amenities and facilities for all types of travelers at the best prices.
Some of the most visited 2 and 3-star hotels in Leh are-
1. Caravan Centre- Located just 2 km from the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is Hotel Caravan Centre which is like a secret garden located among the hustle-bustle of the city. The hotel's front side has the perfect view of the Himalayan Stock range.
2. Hotel Abu Palace- Abu Palace, a 3-star hotel in Leh Ladakh, is a popular hotel because of the location, which is 400m away from the main bazaar and the garden, in-house dining, and view of the Himalayan mountain.
3. Hotel Capital City- Amazing food, hospitable staff, pet-friendly and rooftop terrace are some of the amenities Hotel Capital City has. Hotel Capital City also has amazing views of the Stok mountain range from the rooms.
4. Hotel Cho Palace- Hospitable and warm staff and delicious authentic food bring tourists to Hotel Cho Palace. The view of the star-filled sky and the Himalayan mountain range from the hotel's balcony is just a lucky add-on.
5. Palace View- At a walking distance from the main bazaar is the hotel Palace View, a budget hotel with rooms either looking at the Leh Palace or the mountains. The hotel also has features of room service, free wifi, and a concierge.
The views from these hotels are equally magnificent and at an affordable cost too.
Many people come to Leh Ladakh for a relaxing holiday and to de-stress, and one cannot ignore the fact that work is equally important. So, while many hotels are made to keep their guests' comfort in mind, these hotels also have business facilities like conference rooms, meeting halls, and event locations.
Some of the popular business hotels in Leh are-
1. The Abduz- The Abduz, a luxurious hotel in Leh Ladakh, is a popular business hotel because of the business convention center that can be used for meetings, conferences, business events, etc. The hotel also offers services of valet parking for the guests.
2. The Grand Dragon Ladakh- The Grand Dragon is a popular 5-star hotel in Leh Ladakh that is appropriate for vacations and business travel as it provides luxurious meeting rooms, event halls, a private boardroom, and an amphitheater that overlooks the beautiful Stok mountain range.
3. Hotel Singge Palace- Hotel Singge Palace is a popular 4-star hotel with property amenities like conference rooms, currency exchange facilities, free parking, concierge, and free internet makes it one of the most popular business hotels in Ladakh.
Most of the tourists that come to this place are backpackers or youngsters who don't intend to spend a lot of money, so apart from 5 star hotels, there are a lot of other options like homestays for people to book. Staying at these homestays won't only cut costs but also show the lifestyle and culture of the locals.
Some of the top Staycations in Leh Ladakh are-
1. Gangba Homestay- Gangba Homestay is a family-run lodge that is just 10 mins walking from the Leh main bazaar and has views of the Stok mountain range along with the Shanti Stupa.
2. Ladakh View Homestay- Ladakh view homestay offers the guests a peaceful stay with 24-hour room service, newspaper, and free wifi. The hotel is not even 2 km from Shanti Stupa, where guests can easily walk to.
3. Gangs Shun Homestay- Gangs Shun Homestay, located in Upper Tukcha, Leh, has well-furnished rooms with windows that open up to the views of the Himalayas and the gardens of orchids and barley.
Leh Ladakh is a beautiful destination located amidst the Himalayas and gives a beautiful view of the valleys, the Indus River, and mountain ranges. This is a place epitome of romance and love that makes the place one of the most popular holiday destinations among couples, married or unmarried. Here are a few best hotels in Leh Ladakh that allow unmarried couples till the time they have a valid id-proof. Best Hotels for unmarried couples are-
1. The Verda Driftwood- With rooms that have spectacular views of the snow-peaked Himalayas and Leh valley, The Verda Driftwood is a couple-friendly hotel giving rooms to anyone with proper id proof. The hotel is just 20 minutes away from the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport and within walking distance from Shey Palace.
2. The Grand Dragon Hotel- A luxurious 5 star hotel that provides top luxury rooms with views of the magnificent mountains, is the perfect hotel for couples looking for some romance and wildness. The hotel allows anyone with a valid id-proof so unmarried couples can freely book a room.
3. Zambala Inn- Located on Changspa road, Leh is the hotel Zambala Inn with a restaurant, a garden, and a terrace. The hotel also has free parking, free wifi, and 24-hour room service, and is couple friendly, meaning that the hotel allows entry to people with a valid id-proof irrespective of their marital status.
Apart from the very beautiful and picturesque views that Ladakh has to offer, there are also a lot of attractions for travelers to visit and explore.
1. Pangong Tso Lake- One might know of this place from Aamir Khan's 3 idiots, after which it became the most famous tourist attraction. Pangong Lake is the perfect place for you to have a peaceful picnic with the family amidst nature.
2. Thiksey Monastery- One of the most beautiful Buddhist monasteries in Ladakh, Thiksey Monastery resides around 500 monks, and tourists visiting this place get to learn about the Buddhist culture, scriptures, lifestyle, etc.
3. Royal Leh Palace- This 9-story palace is located on top of Tsemo Hill and gives the tourists a peek into the lives of the royalty who lived here. With the rustic and intriguing architecture, Royal Leh Palace is very popular among tourists.
4. Tso Moriri Lake- Not a very popular tourist spot given the high altitude of 15000ft above sea level, Tso Moriri Lake is a calm place in between rugged surroundings offering a feel of nothing less than paradise.
5. Hemis National Park- The capital of snow leopards in India, Hemis National Park is a must-visit as travelers get to see snow leopards but because this is also the only national park in the northern region of the Himalayas.
Leh Ladakh might not be the regular shopping destination, but don't miss out on exploring some of these local markets if you're going there.
1. Moti Market- This market is famous for traditional Tibetan clothes and woolen clothes. One can buy beautiful hand-woven shawls without spending a lot.
2. Zanskar Arts- The perfect shop for you to take home a souvenir or small figurines. Zanskar Arts is famous for its high quality yet affordable products made of pure Pashmina or leather.
3. Leh Main Bazaar- From the everyday items to authentic Tibetan handi-craft, you will find all of it in this place, which is common among tourists and the locals.
4. Himalayan Pashmina Shawls- Pashmina Shawls are famous all over the world, and here you will find shawls made of pure Pashmina wool from Kashmir and Ladakh.
5. Tibetan Handicraft Emporium- Run by Tibetan refugees, this shop is a hit among tourists because of the beautiful handicrafts and antiques at affordable prices.
During and after the pandemic, most of the hotels have started following a very hygienic and safe environment with all the precautionary measures taken.
Some of the top hotels in Leh Ladakh which follow 100% safety and hygiene are-
1. The Grand Dragon Ladakh- Amid the pandemic, The Grand Dragon Ladakh is making sure that they take all necessary precautions from sanitizing the hotel-owned cars after every guest transfer to cleaning the floors with disinfectant every 2 hours. The hotel also provides options for online payments if the guests ask for them.
2. Grand Himalaya- Grand Himalaya, a hotel on Sankar road, Chubi in Leh, follows strict safety and cleanliness practices since reopened post lockdown. The hotel uses a disinfectant to clean the property while all towels and sheets are washed at 60°C. Temperature checks are done of the staff at the hotel along with the guests checking in and it is mandatory to wear masks while in public parts of the property.
3. The Abduz- Amid the ongoing pandemic, The Abduz is taking all necessary precautions required for the safety and hygiene of the guests. The hotel follow social distancing, the guest's rooms are kept vacant for 24 hours between every guest transfer. Disinfectants are used to clean the hotel surfaces, and all the staff must wear personal protection. The guests are required to keep their face masks on while in the public area of the hotel.
There are hotels in Leh Ladakh for you to choose from, but there are a few things one should keep in mind while deciding on which hotel to book.
Some Leh hotel booking tips are-
1. Book the hotel in advance- Pre-booking the hotel would be a lifesaver because being a major tourist attraction, the prices would be high, and the availability of hotel is less.
2. Location of the hotel- Make sure that the hotel is only close to tourist spots so that one doesn't have to travel much, but it should also be close to either the airport or railway station.
3. Cost of the hotel- A visitor doesn't have to put a hole in the pocket just for nothing. Make sure to do the research well and choose the right hotel, either a luxury hotel or a budget hotel.
4. Safety Measures of the hotel- Keep in mind the safety of the hotel and the location of the hotel. The hotel shouldn't be too away from the city or in an isolated location.
5. Dining Options- Confirm that the hotel provides proper food and beverage services so that one is not left starving while they stay there.
6. Network Availability- Given the location of Ladakh, network problems are not something new in the region, so make sure that the hotel has WIFI options or even proper network connectivity.
Tourists can visit Leh Ladakh via road, flight, or even train.
The nearest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, where direct flights are available throughout the year from Delhi to Chandigarh to Kolkata. The views from the flight are heavenly.
By road, there are two ways one can visit Leh Ladakh, which is through Srinagar and Manali. There are options to book a cab, a jeep or even a bus but the very common way is riding a motorbike. The roads are blocked in most of the winter and only open from May to September.
The other option is by train, but the closest railway station is Jammu Tawi, approximately 700kms away from Ladakh. From Jammu, one can board a bus or hire a cab.
Leh Ladakh has extreme temperatures throughout the year, but it gets out of hand during winter so traveling to the region during peak winters is not recommended as the temperature might even drop to -30 degrees Celsius.
The best time to visit Leh Ladakh is during Summers, which is from April to July, when the temperature is between 15 to 30 degrees Celsius. One can even visit the place during September and get to see amazing views.
Ladakh is very famous for the authentic, delicious food called the Ladakhi or Kashmiri cuisine, and for people who think that Ladakhi food is bland, give these restaurants a try.
1. Chopsticks Noodle Bar - Chopsticks Noodle Bar is an inexpensive yet amazing restaurant that offers both dine-in and takeaway services along with delicious food that satiates all cravings. The hotel is also located at a prime location, making it more favorable.
Price for two= INR 350
Location- Raku Complex Fort Road, 194101
2. Bon Appetit- A food joint owned by two women in Leh, Bon Appetit is a small yet amazing food joint. The joint sells a variety of food items like pizza and pasta but their tandoori and barbeque chicken is quite famous.
Price for two- INR 1650
Location- Ford Road, Leh Ho, Leh Ladakh - 194101, Raku Complex
3. The Tibetan Kitchen- The restaurant has a wide variety of cuisines to choose from like North Indian, Chinese, Chaos, and Tibetan. The restaurant offers dine-in and takeaway services and is also registered on Zomato, which provides food delivery in nearby locations.
Price for two- INR 400
Location- Fort Rd, Leh, Ladakh 194101
Ladakh is the home of major Buddhist monasteries because of which is the reason it has a lot of spiritual temples one can visit to learn about the vast religious history of the place.
1. Red Maitreya Temple- 1 min walk from the Leh Palace is the Red Maitreya Temple built during the 1400s and still stands strong even after the Dogra invasion in the 1840s, which did a lot of damage to it. The temple houses a 49 feet tall statue of Maitreya Buddha, the tallest statue in Ladakh, and holds religious sentiments among the locals.
2. Vajra Bhairav Shrine- One of the oldest buildings in Leh Ladakh, Vajra Bhairav Shrine is located in Spituk, Leh, and is dedicated to Lord Vajra Bhairav. According to Tibetan Buddhism, Lord Vajra Bhairav was a tantric deity who possessed supernatural powers. His idol is hidden in the temple and only open for viewing once every year.
3. Alchi Chos Khar Temple- Built between 958 and 1055 by the Guru Rinchen Zangpo is Alchi Chos Khar Temple, also called the Alchi Gompa in the Alchi village of Leh. Alchi Gompa is a complex of temples of which Alchi temple is the oldest and the most known. The monastery is decorated with paintings, some of which are the oldest paintings in history showing details of Hindu and Buddhist Kings.
Leh Ladakh is a very famous Indian tourist spot which has a wide variety of things for one to do apart from just sightseeing.
1. Chadar Trek- The most adventurous and difficult trek is the Chadar trek which is done during the winters over the frozen Zanskar Lake. Adventure travelers worldwide come to Ladakh to give this 10 days and 105kms long trek a try during harsh winters where the temperature drops to -20 degrees.
2. Bike Trip- The scenic beauty of Ladakh and a bike ride are the perfect combination to spend the day in Ladakh doing. Every rider has at least once thought of exploring Ladakh on a bike passing through Jispa, Tso Kar Lake, Nubra Valley, Khardungla Pass, and Pangong Lake.
3. Indus River Rafting- The water of the Zanskar river gives the momentum, speed, and force for river rafting in Ladakh, which is an underrated activity of the region yet one of the most memorable things one can do. The mountains, the fresh air, and the freezing but clear water offer the perfect backdrop to white-water rafting.
4. Camel Safari- Exploring the dunes of Ladakh while riding a camel under the clear blue sky is a must-do in Ladakh. Everyone can do it, from children to aged people, everyone can do it, and the specialty of the safari here is the Bactrian camel, a two-humped camel.
5. Shop at the local market- The Leh local market is famous for selling handmade anti-craft, intricate and unique. From pashmina shawls to Buddhist relics, everything is traditional and precious.
6. Ski- Skiing and Ladakh are synonymous because of the Himalayas, which have snow-clad peaks and high slopes. Travelers can have this skiing experience in the Khardung La range.
One might think that being amidst nature means leaving the luxurious lifestyle behind, but that is where they are wrong. Experience the magnificent views of the Himalayas with a perfect touch of class and luxury at these luxurious top hotels in Leh are-
Leh Ladakh is a place frequently visited by families looking for a relaxing trip away from the urban lifestyle, so there are a lot of top hotels in Leh Ladakh fòor hotel booking that is good for families like-
Recommend some of the best hotels in Leh Ladakh
Leh Ladakh is an all-year-round tourist destination with visitors from all over the world, so the hotels in the region are top-notch with amazing amenities and scenic views. These hotels in Leh provide scenic views perfectly blended with luxury for travelers who don't want to compromise with their comfort
Some of the best hotels in Leh are-
Leh Ladakh is a very famous Indian destination that hosts tourists from all over the world throughout the year, so the number of top hotels in Leh Ladakh crosses 300 varying from luxury hotels to budget stays. Apart from hotels, Leh Ladakh also has homestays and hostels for solo travelers or wanderers wanting to experience Ladakh's culture first hand.
Leh Ladakh has hotels for all needs ranging from extravagant hotels to 3-star hotels and cheap budget hotels. Hotels in Leh start from around Rs. 400 per night to Rs. 15,000 per night. The price of the hotels depends on the traveler's budget because all kinds of people visit Leh Ladakh, from students to families.
The whole of Leh has a lot of tourist attractions so there are hotels every few km but the major landmarks near which you can book hotels are:
No, the hotels in Leh don't have pools. Leh Ladakh is a destination that faces an intense climate throughout the year, so a pool is bound to freeze over.
There are many budget hotels in Leh for travelers to choose from. Still, a lot of them are conveniently located near these landmarks from where travelers can quickly locate their accommodation and don't have to spend a lot on the conveyance for traveling either.
Hotels good for families are generally situated close to the airport and other tourist attractions because traveling with kids might be difficult. Apart from a convenient location, these hotels offer free laundry service, a flat-screen in their rooms, and free Wi-Fi. Some good hotels in Leh to stay with the family are-
Many hotels in Leh have complimentary breakfast included in their stay, which is delicious and offers traditional Ladakhi food. If you have a long day planned ahead of you, make sure that you have a good enough heavy breakfast so that even if you don't find any dining options along the way, there won't be much of a hassle.
Best hotels in Leh that offer an especially good breakfast are-
Leh Ladakh is one of the most magically romantic places for couples to visit and the hotels there make sure that you have an equally beautiful experience. Whether you're visiting for the honeymoon or just a random romantic getaway, these hotels make sure that you have the best experience, from candlelight dinners to a comfortable outdoor bonfire, what matters is that you go home with a lot of memories.
Best hotels in Leh Ladakh for couples are-