Read More on Balaji Mandir
The ancient Balaji temple is a tourist magnet and people come here to offer prayers and seek divine blessings. The temple was built in the year 1975 and was named Balaji Temple. The temple is situated at a picturesque site. The temple has an idol of Lord Kartikeya too and is taken care of by the Motibagh Sri Skandan Samaj.
In 2005 the temple went through a renovation and a tower was added to the structure. After that, a few more idols of deities were placed in the temple.
The Balaji Temple Nagpur architecture makes it a temple that attracts tourists from all around the world. The temple is a three-tier structure constructed in a very unique and detailed way. The temple structure is constructed along the lines of most of the south Indian temples. The Ekadala Vimana is where Lord Muruga and Lord Balaji are placed. It is known to be one of the holiest sections of the temple.
- Attend aarti in the temple. It may get a bit crowded during this time but you will experience something new.
- Clicking images of the temple premises is allowed.
- Festivals that you should consider while planning your trip to Nagpur are Balaji Festival, Ekadasi, Naga Chaturthi, Rahukala Puja, Wear appropriate clothes.
- If you wish to donate you should contact the temple authorities.
Tips for visiting
- Wear appropriate clothes
- Follow the rules implemented by the temple authorities.
- Do not take pictures in prohibited areas.
- Do not cause any kind of chaos and be polite towards others.
- Do not leave behind prasadam or flowers.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit the Balaji Mandir Nagpur is from November to February. During these months one can comfortably visit the city and explore places around Nagpur. During summers the heat is harsh and will make you want to stay indoors.
- Ambazari lake and garden
- Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground
- Krazy Castle Aqua Park
- Japanese rose garden
- Jama Mosque
- Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple
- Poddareshwar Ram Temple
Nearby market/ shopping places
- Sadar Bazaar: This is a market visited frequently by residents of Nagpur. The tourists always squeeze out some time to explore the goods this market has to offer. From cosmetics to clothing, this place offers a huge variety of purchasable goods. Here you can purchase wooden handicrafts made by local craftsmen.
- Lakadganj Market: If you want to purchase wooden furniture then this is the place for you. Here you will get to choose from a huge variety of designs and qualities.
- Millennium Mall: A spacious mall filled with brand stores as well as stores run by locals. One can easily get footwear, clothing, cosmetics, and accessories. If you love perfumes then you should surely get one from here. You can also try out the food in the food court of the mall.
- Regenta Central Hotel and Convention Centre Nagpur
- Orange Tree Hotels
- Radisson Blu
- Hotel Center Point
- The Pride Hotel Nagpur
Interesting Facts About Balaji Mandir
- The architecture of the temple goes easy on the eye and is a unique amalgamation of Nothern and Southern-style architecture.
- The Ekadala Vimana is where Lord Muruga and Lord Balaji are placed.