Read More on Bohra Masjid
The Dawoodi Bohras are a Shia Muslim sect that belongs to the Ism'l branch of Islam. India, Pakistan, Yemen, East Africa, and the Middle East have the biggest populations, with a growing presence in Europe, North America, Southeast Asia, and Australia. According to most estimations, there are one million people on the planet.
Taiyebi, Musta'li, Isma'ili, Shia Islam. The Bohras are descended from the Fatimid Caliphate, which was named after Fatimah, Muhammad's daughter, and they hold the Fatimid Imams and Muhammad's family in high regard.
Mohammed Burhanuddin opened the first Dawoodi Bohra mosque in the Middle East in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in 1983. Mosques were afterward built in Sharjah, Dubai, and Ajman in 2003, 2004, and 2006, respectively. An estimated 60,000 Bohras live in the Middle East, having migrated there in the 1860s.
The Bohra mosque's architecture displays a diverse cultural heritage. Its architectural splendor draws visitors from all around the world. The mosque exemplifies a good human-society relationship. This mosque is one of a kind in Nagpur and provides travelers with a one-of-a-kind experience. Its name should be added to the list of highly recommended tourist destinations for travelers.
- The devotees go there during the time of namaz and pray there.
- The tourists can visit the mosque during the allowed timings only.
- Photography is allowed only outside of the mosque.
- This mosque is used for weddings and gatherings also.
Tips for visiting
- Non-Muslims are not allowed inside the mosque on Fridays.
- Do not take any food items inside the mosque.
- Photography is prohibited inside the mosque.
Best time to visit
Nagpur has a dry and somewhat humid climate all year. Between October to March, the weather remains pleasant. Within this period, the days are pleasant with plenty of sunshine, but the nights might be a touch chilly. The winter season is the best time to visit the mosque and enjoy the city's tourism and other outdoor tourist activities.
Tourists avoid Nagpur in the summer because of the sweltering temperature, which can reach 490 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, the monsoon season is also not suitable for tourist visits.
- Shukrawari lake.
- Raman Science Centre.
- Ram Jhula.
- Narrow Gauge Rail Museum.
- Futala lake.
- Adasa Ganpati Temple
Nearby market/ shopping places
- N Jhunjhunwala Market: This market is famous for its food and restaurants.
- Chatriwal Market: In this market, you can get different varieties of raincoats and umbrellas at a wholesale rate.
- Shree Guru Kolba Swami Market: This market is a clothing market that has good quality of every type of cloth.
- Maskasath Kirana Market: This market is famous for its dry fruits at a reasonable price.
- Shraddha Hotel
- Orange Tree Hotels
- Treebo Tryst The Pavilion
- Hotel Girija Inn
- Hotel M.L.C. Deluxe
Interesting Facts About Bohra Masjid
The aesthetically magnificent mosque, which is mostly venerated by Nagpur's Dawoodi Bohra community, is mostly utilized for community meetings and weddings.