Read More on Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple
The Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple's history isn’t as grand as the place itself. The stunning temple opened its gates for people in 1999. The sanctum was established by Madam Noriko Ogawa and was inaugurated by Reverend Nichki Kato of Japan. The Ogawa Foundation envisioned the temple as a place for meditation. They also thought of it as a center from where they could enlighten people about Buddhism and their religious beliefs. The area covered by the temple initially has been expanded over time.
A uniquely constructed structure for worship, preaching, and meditation. This temple has made its way to the top of the list of places to visit in Nagpur. This structure is known around the world as one of the best concrete structures. The temple has a huge prayer center that offers both peace and relaxation to the visitors and devotees.
The huge sandalwood statue of Lord Buddha stands in all its glory in the temple. It is said to be carved from a single log of wood. Everything about the Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple screams serenity and beauty. The huge statue is surrounded by lush green lawns that have pretty flowers planted throughout. The breeze that flows around the temple makes you feel relaxed because it does carry the fragrance of the wood and the flowers.
The walls of the divine heaven are bright and white. White walls add up to the beauty this place holds and is a symbol of divinity, purity, clarity, and peace. The roof looks royal as three huge chandeliers hang from there. The symmetrical structure has an exhibition area on the ground floor and the main prayer area is on the first floor.
Activities that one can enjoy in this Buddhist temple are:
- Meditation sessions: Anyone can be a part of these sessions and these sessions are really helpful when it comes to destressing oneself.
- The devotees and locals can participate in the chanting session that is held daily in the prayer center.
- One can enjoy the beautiful view and feel the love mother nature has to offer.
Tips for visiting
- Wear appropriate clothes and abide by the rules implemented by the temple authorities.
- Do not make noise or disrupt the meditation and chanting sessions.
- Do not litter around the beautiful location.
- If you are visiting during summers then keep yourself hydrated.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit the Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple is between October to March. The winters are pleasant and one can freely explore around. If you plan on visiting during the summer season then make sure you keep yourself hydrated and carry along sunscreen.
- Ambazari lake
- Futala Lake
- Sitabardi Fort
- Zero Mile Stone
- Maharaj Bagh Zoo
- Mango Hotel Nagpur
- Orange Tree Hotel
- Hotel Legend Inn
- Olive Resorts and Villas
- Median Inn
- Hotel Hardeo
- Radisson Blu Hotel Nagpur
Interesting Facts About Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple
- The masterpiece was constructed after Madam Noriko Ogawa financially supported the project. She belonged to the Ogawa Society in Japan.
- People come together and chant ‘Nangu-Mayo-Ho-Renge-Kyo’ the aura itself will teleport you to another world filled with calm and serenity.
- The Dragon Palace Buddhist Temple Nagpur is dedicated to Lord Buddha. It has a huge statue of Buddha carved out of one sandalwood log.