Read More on Iskcon Temple Ahmedabad
Iskcon Temple of Ahmedabad which is also recognized as Hare Krishna Temple was commenced to spread the preachings and teachings of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to a maximum number of people. In 1997, this magnificent Iskcon temple in Ahmedabad was constructed by Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
The architecture of Iskcon temple Ahmedabad is an amalgamation of Gujarat Sompura and Rajsthani Khamira styles of design. On both sides of the walls, tourists can see the images of Lord Vishnu and his different incarnations. This temple houses the images of various gods and goddesses like Radha, Govinda, Ram, Sita, Jagannath, Baladev, Lakshmana, Hanuman, Shrinathji, and Shubhadraji. Before the images of Radha and Govinda, witness the golden idol of Lord Narasimha and Goddess Lakshmi.
To accommodate 4000 devotees at once, this temple houses a massive assembly hall which is also known as Radha Govinda Dham. This marble amazed consecrated complex has cut windows worked in Khamira and Rajasthani Mewar style. The roofs are perfectly ornamented with a few pictures of Radha and Krishna.
Devotees can likewise pay their regard to the symbols of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati. An important element of the sublime sanctuary is the consonant crystal chandeliers. The serene vibe and the musical reciting of Hare Krishna conjure a feeling of joy and inner harmony.
- Visit the Radha Gobind Gaushala which is maintained by the temple authorities. Fed the cows and bulls, the milk provided by these cows is used in the temple.
- The Sankirtan department of the temple maintains a collection of many Vedic books and the Bhagavad Gita that they will distribute among devotees.
- Distribute the food to needy and poor people on Sunday organized by the food for Life Department.
Tips for visiting
- Remove your footwear outside the temple premises.
- Wear proper clothes and follow the temple guidelines.
- Liquor is prohibited on the premises, respect those norms.
- Don’t spit and litter on the premises of the temple.
- Visit the temple early in the morning to avoid long queues and crowds.
- Krishna Janmashtmi is the main festival celebrated with great zeal and splendor here. Try to visit the temple at the time of this festival.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit the Iskcon temple in Ahmedabad is considered from October to March. The winter season brings calmness to the weather which makes your excursion better. The summer season can be hectic and can cause burning and irritation to your skin. It is best to avoid the summers for your trip.
- Sabarmati Ashram
- Vastrapur Lake
- Law Garden
- Dargah Hazrat Sheikh Ahmed
- Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Museum
- Sabarmati Riverfront
Nearby market/ shopping places
- Gulmohar Park Mall- This shopping mall is surely a delight to the shopaholic in you. You’ll get branded outlets here like Biba, Nike, Fabindia, Arrow, Levis, and Pantaloons.
- Dhalgarwad Market- Dhalgarwad market is one of the oldest markets in Ahmedabad. You’ll get quality fabric here and it is said that this market is a bargainer’s delight. You can buy cotton printed clothes, Jaipuri cotton, salwar suits, and silk fabric at cheap rates.
- Alpha One Mall- Alpha One Mall is the largest shopping mall in Ahmedabad city. It is a one-stop solution for all the things like entertainment, dining, recreational activities, shopping, hospitality, and many more.
- Manek Chowk- This is a popular multi-layered market and flourishes as the day progresses. This market is known as the foodie’s delight in the evening as there are many street food options available.
- Hotel Corporate Residency
- Novotel Ahmedabad
- The Lake Palace
- Hotel Shrimad Residency
- Hotel The Royal Plaza
- Hotel Grand Elegance
Interesting Facts About Iskcon Temple Ahmedabad
- You can witness the mixture of beautiful Gujarat Sompura and Rajsthani Khamira architectural styles.
- The temple authorities organize a Sunday feast and feed the poor needy people.