Read More on Elephant’s Head Point
Before the advent of Britishers, this point was locally called “nake khind”. But once colonial rulers set their foot in the region and explored the beautiful cliffs of Mahabaleshwar, they noticed that this cliff looks unique and the structure resembles to be like an elephant’s head. So this place got its name from this observation.
- Located in the heart of nature's extremes, the area is covered in vegetation during the rainy season, attracting nature enthusiasts to come to see and admire the tranquil natural beauty.
- Photography lovers will surely find their paradise here and never wish to go back at all.
- This tranquil location is ideal for a relaxing luncheon with friends or an intimate time with your significant other.
- This location offers a magnificent vista of dawn and dusk.
- From this vantage point, take in the breathtaking panorama of the Sahyadri Mountains, Pratapgarh Fortress, and the Savitri River Basin.
Tips for visiting
- Wear some easy clothes as the hilltop can be a little cooler than usual and you may have to trek a little.
- There is no assistance for elderly and physically disabled people.
- Photography is allowed on the premises so you can click as many photos as you want.
- Do not litter in the area as this place is nature’s abode so avoid littering and spoiling it.
Best time to visit
Mahabaleshwar is best visited between November and February. The climate is nice for traveling at this time of year. This is Mahabaleshwar's primary strawberry-growing period as well. A further great season to enjoy Mahabaleshwar is during the rainy season, which runs from July to August and transforms the highlands into a verdant paradise. But just beware that this season can make sightseeing difficult due to heavy downpouring that happens in the region.
- Venna Lake
- Sunset Point
- Panchganga Temple
- Mahabaleshwar Temple
- Pratapgad fort
Nearby market/ shopping places
- Mapro Garden: With most of the tourists traveling from all around the country to buy strawberries, mulberries, kiwi, and indigenous Mapro marmalade, squashes, and fruit mixes from the mapro garden, this market is the most renowned in Mahabaleshwar.
- Town Bazaar: Visitors can buy plenty of items such as handcrafted walking staff, leather products, indigenous ornaments, and jewelry that most people seem to find tricky to resist.
- Indo Kashmir Collection: Even though they hardly sell local goods, this establishment is well-known for its Kashmiri clothesline. They have gorgeous Kashmiri shawls, boots, and suit sets.
- Clouds Mist Resort And Spa
- Regenta MPG Club Resort
- Evershine Resort
- Ramsukh Hotel and Spa
- The Grand Legacy Resort
- Le Meridien
Interesting Facts About Elephant’s Head Point
- Elephant Head Point, which lies close to Lodwick Point, is frequently confused with Kate's Point and Needle Hole Point.
- Visitors can also see the Sahyadri highlands from this lofty perch.
- The cliffhanger that looks like an elephant is nothing but a pure natural marvel and a sight to behold.