Read More on Swarg Ashram
Swami Vishudhanand, also known as Kali Kamli Wala (the saint with a black blanket) among the people, was honored with the construction of the Swarg Ashram. The location is surrounded by forest and hills, with magnificent orchards, and is free of city pollution. The Ashram is managed by the Kali Kamliwala Kshetra Trust. Within the ashram complex, there are different ashrams, caverns, temples, and apartments that serve as residential quarters for students, pilgrims, priests, and travelers. This location is quite popular with both foreign tourists and locals.
Swarg Ashram is a small village 5 kilometers upstream from Rishikesh. There are multiple temples and shrines within the ashram grounds, each symbolizing a different Hindu deity. Every temple is led by a priest who is responsible for the shrine as well as the occupants. The Swarg Ashram hosts several religious activities, including chanting, processions, and birth and funeral rites.
- You can stay in the ashram alone and experience the life of a rishi (saint) for a few days.
- As the Ashram is located near the river's Ghats, take in some of the fresh mountain air that the Ganges carries from the Himalayas.
- Get up early in the morning and do a refreshing yoga session followed by an all-fruit breakfast to cleanse and purify your body and mind.
- Put on some athletic clothing and go for a rejuvenating walk in the Swarg Ashram garden's vast expanse.
- Most ashrams have their ghat where you can take a sacred bath in the Ganges.
Tips for visiting
- Don't forget to bring your camera to snap some breathtaking images of the Ganga in its purest form.
- Because the Ashram was built for a greater purpose, you must respect and adhere to local customs and traditions.
- Once you've entered Ashram's grounds, it's important to maintain peace.
- It is not recommended to visit the river's sand beaches at night because they are frequented by hooligans and peddlers.
- When having a plunge at the Ghats, be mindful of the raging torrent of the Ganges.
Best time to visit
Early March to mid-May is the optimum time to visit Rishikesh for sightseeing of major tourist attractions. If you want to participate in adventure sports, late September to mid-November is the finest time to go.
- Rajaji National Park
- Ram Jhula
- Triveni Ghat
- Sivananda Ashram
- Tera Manzil Temple
Nearby market/ shopping places
- Shakti Store: This tour provides you with Stationery items that you require in your daily life.
- Gole Market: In this market, you can get almost everything you require in your daily life.
- Kaintura Plaza: In this market, you can get fresh frozen vegetables.
- Fruit market: This market is famous for selling varieties of fresh fruits at a considerable price.
- Hotel Gayatri Kunj
- Hotel Nirvana Palace
- Hotel Sunrise
- Hotel Yog Vashishth
- Green Hotel
Interesting Facts About Swarg Ashram
Swami Vishudhanand, also known as Kali Kamli Wala, was the saint whose ashram was established in his honor (the saint with a black blanket). It is particularly popular with foreign tourists, owing to the ethnic flavor. It can be found in Gangapar, Ram Jhula. Within the Swarg Ashram, there are numerous ashrams and temples.