Read More on Tazia Tower
The magnificent tower of Tazia was constructed in 1886 AD. It was built as a gift to the Maharawal Berisal Singh a royal Hindu ruler of the time. It was built by Muslim architects and craftsmen, the mesmerizing tower was constructed with the essence of Islamic religious values and traditions.
The tower complex has 5 stories each showcasing a distinct blend of Muslim craftsmanship and design. Giant balconies are available on every floor that was made to depict the Islamic tomb.
The Tazia tower is also comprised of various ancient designs and structural pattern that was popular during the era. Moreover, after being recognized as a heritage site the tower has been carefully maintained allowing tourists to explore this magnificent structure.
The famous Tazia tower Jaisalmer has 5 floors, each of which holds a significant insight into the royal families it has been home to for several years. Additionally, each of the tower floors also holds an amazingly crafted balcony, magnificent designs, and intricate carvings on the walls and ceilings displaying the creative advancement of crafters during that era. The design of this multistoried tower is embedded with a multitude of carvings and motifs making tourists who visit the place feel awestruck.
- You can adore the magnificent architecture of this tower and click on some amazing pictures.
- Enjoy the panoramic view of the city from the balcony of the tower.
- You can also explore the Badal Palace nearby.
Tips for visiting
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited inside the tower.
- Do not write anything on the walls of the building.
- Carry a water bottle along with you to keep yourself hydrated.
- Try to visit the tower in the early hours to avoid a huge crowd.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit the Tazia Tower Jaisalmer would be during the winter season. You will be able to fully enjoy your visit in the pleasant weather. The summers may be harsh and you will end up wanting to stay indoors.
- Jaisalmer Fort
- The Thar Heritage Museum
- Vyas Chhatri Sunset Point
- Kothari's Patwa Haveli
Nearby market/ shopping places
- Bhatia Bazaar: The market is located in the main area of the city, you can purchase items like woodworks, mirror embroidery, and dress materials.
- Sadar Bazaar: This market is particularly famous for its wide range of leather products.
- Pansari Bazaar: If you want to purchase handicrafts and home décor items, then this market is the perfect place for that.
- Desert Tulip Jaisalmer
- Bhanwar Haveli
- Hotel Gulaal
- Mystic Jaisalmer
Interesting Facts About Tazia Tower
- The Badal Palace has a cloud-like appearance and has the Tazia Tower emerging from it, the view looks very amazing.
- Constructed in 1886 AD, it was built as a gift to the Maharawal Berisal Singh a royal Hindu ruler of the time.
- The tower was recently recognized as the heritage site of Rajasthan.