Read More on Venna Lake
Shri Appasaheb Maharaj, who was Maharaja (Ruler) of Satara in 1842, built the reservoir. Venna Lake is a 28-acre man-made lake with a perimeter that is around 7-8 kilometers long. The lake was established in the beginning to offer a source of water for the adjacent municipality and to meet their day-to-day requirements.
- Tourists can enjoy fantastic boating and horseback riding on the lake. Venna Lake also has a plethora of options for nature enthusiasts.
- The reservoir is bordered by the magnificent verdant gardens of Chhatrapati Pratapsingh.
- You can enjoy spending your day in the tranquil setting of the surrounding Chhatrapati Pratapsingh gardens, you may come here and participate in a variety of activities as well as sample the local cuisine at one of the many nearby eateries.
Tips for visiting
- The boating fee costs extra and is as follows: INR 800 for 1 hour for Row Boat (Max 6 persons), INR 250 for 30 Mins Row Boat (Max 7 persons), INR 440 for 1 hour for Peddle Boat (Max 6 persons), INR 150 for 1 round of Horse Riding.
- The boating club closes around sunset times so plan it accordingly.
- The best time for boating is around 4:00 pm.
Best time to visit
Mahabaleshwar is best visited between November and February. The climate is nice for traveling at this time of year. This is Mahabaleshwar's primary strawberry-growing period as well. A further great opportunity to enjoy Mahabaleshwar is during the rainy season, which runs from July to August and transforms the highlands into a verdant paradise.
- Pratapgad fort
- Mapro Garden
- Kate’s Point
- Panchganga Temple
- Mahabaleshwar Temple
- Elephant's Head Point
Nearby market/ shopping places
- Mapro Garden: The character of this Garden is important to the Mahabaleshwar way of life, with people traveling from all around the country to buy strawberries, mulberries, kiwi, and indigenous Mapro marmalade, squashes, and fruit mixes.
- Town Bazaar: You can purchase stuff such as handcrafted walking staff, leather products, indigenous ornaments, and jewelry that most people seem to find tricky to resist.
- Indo Kashmir Collection: Even though they hardly sell local goods, this establishment is well-known for its Kashmiri clothesline. They have gorgeous Kashmiri shawls, booths, and suit sets.
- Clouds Mist Resort And Spa
- RR Heritage Resort
- Brightland Resort And Spa
- The Grand Legacy Resort
- Le Meridien
Interesting Facts About Venna Lake
- Visitors can take a boat ride all across the lake or a horseback ride along the shore.
- This lake is well-known among visitors as well as among devotees. About one-third of the reservoir is designated as a sacred place.
- The lake is artificial, that is, man-made from scratch.