Read More on Goregaon Film City Mumbai
V. Shantaram, a renowned veteran actor, director, and film producer, oversaw the construction of the Goregaon Film City Mumbai in 1911. It was the brainchild of one of India's most well-known cinema personalities, Dada Sahib Phalke, who saw the city built and named after him. Approximately 900 films and television episodes have been filmed here, demonstrating the importance of this location.
Film City is found in the Mumbai suburbs and ranges over 520 acres of total land. There are around 42 outdoor shooting locations in Goregaon Film City Mumbai, as well as 16 studios of varying sizes.
Almost every Bollywood film has featured it as a backdrop. It contains a permanent set of a temple, prison, court, lake, mountains, fountains, villages, picnic sites, gardens, and even a man-made waterfall ready for shooting.
Mumbai Filmcity Tours
The Helipad, Church, Temple, Lake, Court, Reserve Garden, and Khandala Bridge are all included in this two-hour guided trip. From the bus, you can also see the live shooting and see the outside studio sites. The focus of this tour is on Bollywood's history and fascinating facts. Visitors will also receive complimentary light refreshments and water. The same-day Goregaon Film City Mumbai Ticket Price cost INR 599 per person.
Half-Day Bollywood Tour
This package includes a visit to a live shooting studio, post-production activities, a dance hall visit, and a live Bollywood dance performance. The cost of a ticket is INR 6000 per person. A glimpse inside post-production activities, a visit to the dance hall, a live Bollywood dance show, and lunch are all included.
Bollywood Dream Tours
The Bollywood Dream Tour is a two-hour tour of the Film City studio that focuses on Bollywood's history and post-production operations, providing an interesting look into the process of making a film. The cost of a ticket for the same begins at INR 599 per person.
The Mumbai Film City Tour and the Dream Tour are combined into this package. INR 1099 is the cost of the tickets. A trip to certain sites and sets, a guide to describing the history of Bollywood, a tour to post-production activities, a guide to discuss the history of post-production, and an opportunity to participate in post-production activities are all included in this excursion.
Tips for visiting
- In the winter, go to the venue because there are several outdoor sets to explore on foot.
- Do not touch any property within Film City since you will be fined.
- Keep a valid ID card on you at all times.
- Make sure to learn beforehand about the Goregaon Film City timings so you don't miss out on anything.
- On select occasions, photography and videography are permitted.
- Make every effort to schedule tours online to avoid the long lines.
- Do not rush to visit actors or take selfies with them.
- Entry to any of the studios is not permitted with the passes.
- The Goregaon Film City Mumbai Ticket Price is also reasonable starting from 599 INR.
Best time to visit
Even though Goregaon Film City Mumbai is open to visitors all year, most people choose to visit during the winter months, when the weather in Mumbai is favorable enough to walk around and explore the many sets on foot. Summers are exceedingly hot, and the tour can rapidly become exhausting, while monsoons might delay your tour and make it difficult to see the outdoor sets.
- Essel World
- Kanheri Caves
- Water Kingdom
- Hutatma Chowk
- Prithvi Theatre
- Mahakali Caves
- Chhota Kashmir Park.
Nearby market/ shopping places
Oberoi Mall is a one-stop shop for entertainment, dining, fashion, and movies. The Oberoi Mall has carved out a niche for itself among quality-conscious and discerning customers, with amenities such as two levels of basement parking.
Goregaon Market is 4.1 km away from the Film City. This market is a big market offering you various styles of western wear, shoes, accessories, and dresses. You have to bargain many times with the vendor or else they will trick you by charging you more. There is an ATM, a few restaurants, and snacks corners to satisfy your hunger. It's a must-visit place.
Growel's 101 Mall
The mall houses a combination of international and national brand outlets that cater to a wide range of demographics and categories. Growel's 101 Mall is the most desired neighborhood mall because it houses all of the popular fashion and food stores, such as Pantaloons, Trends, Crossword, Croma, Barbeque Nation, PVR, McDonald's, Subway, Skechers, and so on.
Gokuldham Shopping Centre
This place is perfect for daily needs items. There is a medical shop, milk dairy, snacks corner, and a few clothing shops. It is less crowded so you can go and shop comfortably and enjoy the most out of your time.
- Residency Sarovar Portico
- Radisson Mumbai Goregaon
- Sai Palace Grand Malad
- The Fern - Goregaon
- Privilege Inn
- Hotel Sheetal Residency
- The Westin Mumbai Garden City
- Sampoorna Hotel
- Hotel Karan Palace
Interesting Facts About Goregaon Film City Mumbai
- Dadasaheb Phalke Nagar was renamed in honor of Marathi producer, director, and screenwriter Dadasaheb Phalke, known as the "Father of Indian Cinema."
- Mumbai Film City is a multi-cinema complex located in Goregaon, Mumbai. It boasts several recording studios, parks, lakes, theatres, and grounds that have hosted numerous Bollywood film shoots.
- The Indian film industry is one of the world's largest, with Mumbai Film City accounting for about 60% of all film productions.
- It provides infrastructure such as air conditioning studios. It contains almost every facility a filmmaker requires, making it the best destination for any discerning producer.
- It has one lakh square feet of air-conditioned and acoustically treated studio space, as well as power, water, trained support staff, and food and hospitality services