Read More on Marine Drive
- Take a lengthy twilight stroll and let yourself get swept away by its flawless beauty.
- Explore the Art Deco structures that line Marine Drive.
- Take a plethora of shots against the stunning backdrop.
- Discover the world-famous and stunning promenade.
- Take in a peek of the stunning sunset.
- Take some great selfies to share on your social media pages.
- Savor some delectable street cuisine from one of the surrounding stalls. Vada Pav, Pav Bhaji, Misal Pav, Keema Pav, Sev Puri, Bhel Puri, Batata Vada, Sandwich, Ragda Pattice, Baida Roti, Kanda Poha, Frankie, Dabeli, and Pani Puri are some of the recommended items to try.
- Visit neighboring attractions such as the Gateway of India, Gurgaon beach, and the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya.
- Pay for some quality moments with your companion or friends.
- Go jogging or a morning walk.
- Enjoy monsoon rains.
- Take part in the annual Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon to observe how the sea might assist you in completing the race.
Tips for visiting
- At Marine Drive, don't litter. Because it is a public space, everyone is responsible for keeping it clean.
- Avoid walking on the pebbles and exercise caution. If you, regrettably, slip over them, it can be very dangerous.
- Bring a bottle of water, sunglasses, and a hat with you if you're going to Marine Drive in the afternoon. To avoid tanning in the sun, it is also advisable to apply a good sunscreen cream.
- Avoid going there while it's raining heavily, as it could be dangerous.
- Avoid antisocial behaviors such as drinking or abusing others.
Best time to visit
At any time of year, Mumbai is a fantastic location to visit. The Marine Drive Mumbai can be visited at any time of the year. Visit it at different times of the day to properly appreciate its cascading splendor. One of the finest times to visit is at night when the walkway comes alive with all the street lights.
Chowpatty Beach (1.2 km)
Taraporewala Aquarium (1.9 km)
Shree Chandreshwar Mandir (2.4 km)
St Teresa’s Church (2.6 km)
Wankhede Stadium (2.6 km)
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (4.3 km)
Thomas Cathedral (4.9 km)
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (5.2 km)
Gateway of India (5.9 km)
Nearby market/ shopping places
Fashion Street is one of Mumbai's most popular shopping districts. Fashion Street provides the passionate consumer with a lot more rubbish and knick-knacks than any huge mall or trendy boutiques can offer, with over 150 businesses. Dresses, Jeans, Shirts (casual/formal), Skirts, Jewelry, Hats, Sunglasses, Watches, Bangles, Earring, and Bracelets, as well as Nightwear, are all available.
Colaba Causeway is Mumbai's most popular shopping strip, known for fashion accessories, clothing, antiques, and shoes. The street is a short distance from Mumbai's main business district, Fort.
Chor Bazaar is one of the country's largest flea markets and a bargain hunter's dream. Here you'll find anything and everything vintage. Antique furniture (both original and replicas), vintage LP records and movie posters, classic leather-bound books, vintage sewing machines, and well-worn housewares.
Kala Ghoda Pavement Market
Kala Ghoda Pavement Market is more akin to an outdoor art museum than your typical street market with bells and baubles. Aspiring artists sell everything from replicas of well-known paintings to original sketches.
InterContinental Marine Drive Mumbai hotel
InterContinental Marine Drive Mumbai, located in Mumbai's corporate area, offers unrivaled views of the Arabian Sea. A rooftop pool, Free parking, and big rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows are all available. The non-smoking rooms at the Marine Drive InterContinental have modern décor and hardwood flooring.
Hotel Marine Plaza
The Hotel Marine Plaza, located at the end of Marine Drive in Mumbai, overlooks the Arabian Sea and sets international hospitality and comfort standards. From the rooftop terrace garden or the coffee shop, you can take in our amazing and spellbinding position.
Hotel Residency Fort
Hotel Residency Fort is an ideal alternative for visitors to Mumbai, offering a family-friendly setting as well as a variety of useful amenities to make your stay more enjoyable.
Chateau Windsor Hotel
The hotel is a 50-room hotel in the city's "downtown," near to the Arabian Sea, and within walking distance of most major commercial/business, entertainment, and dining establishments of various cuisines, as well as shopping areas.
The Fountain Inn - Fort
The Fountain Inn is a 10-minute walk from Churchgate and Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Railway Station (VT Station). Marine Drive, Girgaon Chowpatty, and Horniman Circle Garden are all within a 5-minute walk of the property.